Copper and Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Jewelry In the Making...













Well good morning again everyone! There's fresh coffee, tea, sugars and honey on the table. ;)

I've been head down this week working on a few things. One of them being learning about copper. I'll have a good article posted with links to a few sites and some information I found soon. I'm 'composing' while I create and learn. For now, I wanted to share some images of a couple new copper projects in the works. I have yet to finish earrings and such for these sets but by this weekend, they should be posted.

I find that copper is amazing with turquoise and finally, I have found a way to use the wonderful beads I purchased last year at Magpie Gemstones. The little focal 'Goddess face' there is porcelain and I also purchased this from Magpie. I'm afraid I don't remember the designers name, but I purchased three of these focals from Szarka last year and just love them. I'm glad I found copper to use with them. Check out her beads - amazing quality and the price was outstanding. I have to admit that I've used turquoise before, but didn't 'love it' until I got these strands. I also have some of her focal bone pieces which are outstanding and have waited to find the right application for them. I think copper is going to be perfect and those images are also, coming soon.

Thanks to Magpie! http://www.magpiegemstones.com/home.html
These images are sold but I hope they give you some great ideas. The bone beads, turquoise and porcelain focals are from Magpie. The first image below to the left... those beads are called Pietersite and they're an amazing blend of browns, tans and red colors. I think they all worked very well in copper. :) Enjoy!










These are some additional things in the works... just so you know I'm still here. :)

(the aqua aura pendant is listed. Click image to go there)







Okay everyone - back soon - many hugs!

Thanks for visiting Perfectly Twisted Jewelry! Please contact me with comments or questions!
IzzyzGumbo@gmail.com
twitter.com/izzygumbo

5 comments:

A Beaded Affair said...

Sweet! Even your simple jewelry is done with artistic flair.
Lois

Anonymous said...

Izzy, I really like the set with the blue porcelain pendant AND your wire wrapped pendants! Great --- your students will be getting a great teacher! Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress
http://www.SandTCreations.Etsy.com

IzzyGumbo said...

Thanks you guys! Hugs and I appreciate the support - always a student, but always trying to 'share'. ;)

Jules said...

I love copper! I have been playing around with it myself this past week. I am going to have to get it posted so you can come and check it out. :-) I value your opinion.

IzzyGumbo said...

Jules! Where have you been? Huggles and snuggles and I can't wait to see your copper! Please do tap me and let me know when you have them out - I've been slacking on JG this week, but I need to run over there and catch up too. Have a great week - many smiles. :)